St. Paul's Academy is owned and managed by Devki Nandan Foundation which is a registered body. They are assisted by the Principal and a team of dedicated teachers and staff. St. Paul's Academy admits students from every community irrespective of caste, creed and regional or linguistic barrier.
St. Paul's Academy is an ICSE / ISC School, affiliated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), New Delhi, which has received statutory recognition from the Government of India as one of the main All India School Examination Bodies. The responsibility for the day-to-day running of the School is vested in the Principal.
As a secular institution we do instill correct values in our students. We do expect our teachers and administrators to uphold a healthy value system.
Our objective is to work for the all round developments of students. This means that they remain open and committed both to the divine spirit and their fellow men. A successful graduate from St. Paul's Academy should be intellectually competent, morally sound, spiritually oriented, committed to justice and open to further growth.
The School aims at the integral, personal formation of the young. To accomplish this, special efforts are made:
- to help the students to become mature, spiritually oriented, men / women of character - to encourage them to strive for excellence in every field.
- to value and judiciously use their freedom.
- to be clear and firm on principles and courageous in action.
- to be selfless in the service of their fellow men.
- to become agents of needed social change.
- to become men and women for others.
The School Emblem
1. The lamp on the left hand top corner represents the Supreme Being - the light of the World that guides the destinies of men and nations. It also represents India's traditional spiritual and moral values.
2. "Dare to Dream" given on the left hand bottom is the School Motto, for every great achievement starts with a dream.
3. Right hand bottom is a lotus - symbol of learning.
4. Right hand top represents Burdwan the Rice Bowl of India.
Introduction of the School
St. Paul's Academy takes its name from St. Paul, one of the greatest Apostles of Christ.
Paul was born at Tarsus into a Jewis family and belonged to the tribe of Benjamin. His original name was Saul. He also took the name Paulus as was the custom among Jews who were Roma citizens. The name Paulus in Latin means "little".
In his early thirties, Paul became a fanatic and persecuted the Christians. It was when he was bound for Damascus on an evil mission that the Lord himself appeared to him and asked him, "Saul, Saul, why doth thou persecute me?" His inner self recognised his Master's Voice and he responded instantly. He gave up his evil ways and became a servant of God and eventually became the great "Apostle of the Gentiles".From that moment he never looked back. He rendered Yeoman's Service to the Church. His dedication to a cause was incomparable.
Paul's contribution to the Church has been so great that in recognition, Pope Benedict XVI, the Head of the Roman Catholic Church, declared 2008-2009 as Pauline year.
“I believe in the rational, but not in the magical power of education.”
NH 2, Pamra, Bambattala More, Joteram, Burdwan, West Bengal 713104, India
+91342 204 0296